St Harvey

I have chosen Saint Harvey as my saint because I think of him as a role model. His feast day is on the 17th of July And he died at the age of 35. He was a warrior and he was extremely helpful and kind to his communities. Saint Harvey was a blind warrior and he was famous for his miracles. He is the patron saint of the blind and of musicians And he was invoked to cure eye problems. Saint Harvey lived in. He was born in 521 and he died in 556. Saint Harvey makes me want to be a better person because he did have a disability but that didn’t stop him at all. It motivated him to work harder to help people that needed it. I think that being able to do that is really motivational and inspiring. At birth saint harvey was given the name Haerviu which meant “battle worthy”. As he grew up he became a good abbot to his community (Plouvien). He then decided as an adult that he would leave his community and live somewhere new. HE arrived in a place called Lanhourneau and decided to call it home. One of the miracles that saint harvey performed was that he could cure sick horses.

That is why I chose saint Harvey as my confirmation saint name.

image